Páginas

sábado, 18 de octubre de 2014

Gaunt bodies

I am deeply concerned. I am a person who likes a lot of hugging, and few days ago I met with an old friend and when I hugged her, my arms could take two or even three turns around her waist! ヽ(゚〇゚)ノ

It was a joke, but seriously, what is happening? My generation is heavily influenced by the media and the image of themselves they can give to others. If clothing designers advertise their designs using skeletal bodies, they manage to convince young people that the clothes suit better when you do not have meat to fill it. Then, those adolescents who exceed the "ideal weight" feel insecure with themselves and subjected to harsh diets to lose weight. Personally speaking, that behavior is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my whole life. Torturing your own body to meet other's expectations... Gaunt bodies are not pretty at all, and above all, they are unhealthy. Main victims of anorexia and bulimia are young women (90%-95%), between 12 and 17 years old, and 6% of them die. The only way to prevent this to happen is the education. Do not let them convince you that you are not thin enough, learn to love you and your body the way they are. In addition, anyway, chubby bodies are such more beautiful, do not you think? As in Rubens' paintings (^v^)

1 comentario: