I am a great lover of food, especially chocolate. This week it is almost all my family members' birthday, so every year my mother decides to make a chocolate cake with cookies whose recipe has been passed down from generation to generation, and I thought it is good idea to share it with you. I hope you get to like it as much as me. Let's see if you are brave enough to get your hands dirty with chocolate and pudding !
-Cookies (if you want to make a round cake as the photo, use round cookies; if you prefer a square cake, use square cookies, obviously)
-2 liters of milk
-Royal pudding (custard powder) for 8 servings
-18 tablespoons of cocoa powder
-2 tablespoons of instant chocolate milk (or nesquik, do not mind)
-A dash of anise
-Strawberry jam (optional)
-Chocolate chips (this is for decorating, but you can put smarties, whipped cream, strawberries, what you like)
LET'S START !
1. First, take a casserole pot and dissolve 18 tablespoons of cocoa powder in a liter of milk, over high heat. Stir it slowly, gently, do not stop stiring it. It will take you some time, but do not stop stiring until it becomes a mass of thick chocolate. When you see it has become thick enough, get it away from the heat and let it get cool.
2. Now, take another pot and dissolve the custard powder in 750 grams of milk, over high heat too. As you did above with the chocolate, stir it slowly and wait it to boil. When it does, get it away from the heat and let it get cool.
3. Be patient, chocolate and custard take time to get cold enough. If you do not wait them to have curdled, then your cake will collapse. When you see both the chocolate and the pudding are ready, we can proceed to make the cake.
4. Have prepared the container in which you want to make the cake. Take a bowl and squirt milk, a bit of anise, and 2 tablespoons of instant chocolate milk on it.
7. Now, take cookies and go one by one dunking them in the bowl and then placing them next to each other, forming the base of the cake. Next, cover the base with the cool chocolate you let getting cool before. Apply the chocolate carefully, making a cake is like painting a picture: must be meticulous.
8. After covering the base with the chocolate, cover it with another layer of dipped cookies. Then, take the cold custard and spread it over cookies. Again, put another layer of cookies over the custard. If you want to add strawberry jam to the cake, now it is the moment to take it and spread it over cookies. To sum up, you must have this: cookies - chocolate - cookies - custard - cookies - strawberry jam - cookies - chocolate - ...
9. Continue the step 8 until the cake remains large as you want. When finish, cover the entire cake with thick chocolate and put it in the fridge for at least 5 hours before serving. Finally, decorate the cake with chocolate chips, whipped cream, or whatever you prefer. LET'S EAT ! ～('▽^人)